Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year…….

Today, at the start of a new year,  I feel like expressing my gratitude for all the years of my life as I prepare to face what's in store for me in the new one starting……and the best way is to say:
‘‘Thanks be to God!’’
Thanks...     for everything God gives us abundantly -
                       health, happiness, and prosperity.
Thanks...      for the hard lessons that 
                        have helped me to know 
                        myself and others better.
Thanks…    for the failures I have stomached – they have taught
                       me humility,
                        the obligation to never sleep on my laurels,
                        and the necessity
                        to understand the failures of
                        other people who, just like me,
                       at times do need a helping hand.
Thanks…   for the opportunities to
                      cultivate patience, tolerance, and
                      hope.
Thanks…   for multiple discoveries of
                      reality and truth.
Thanks…  for good things I’ve grasped
                     and bad things I’ve dodged,
                     for solutions I’ve found and talents
                     I’ve grown,
                     for victories I’ve earned and beautiful days I’ve
                     lived.
Thanks…
                    for the parents who loved me and the friends I’ve met,
                   the teachers who taught me and the books I’ve read.
                  And for You too reading this blog at the start of a New Year!
Thanks… 
                 for the journeys I’ve made and the meals I’ve had
                 for the sceneries I’ve admired and the sun I’ve watched,
                the flowers I’ve gazed at and the air I’ve breathed.
Thanks… 
                 for the growing awareness that God is tending me despite
                 my mistakes,
                 protecting me despite my weaknesses,
                 loving me despite my flaws,
                 and finding solutions for me despite my stubbornness.
Thanks…for the joy oh so simple of feeling that I am
                 ‘‘alive’’!
And thanks be to God…
               ... for every morning that I wake up
                   to find yet another day to live
                  …. and love.

Thank you God…. for the breath of life!

Have a Wonderful Year with Him who matters!
May your God bless You too!


The Last Word?

DON'T FORGET....
Make yourself at home here, come back and read some of the older cappuccino posts too, relax, reflect.... and comment if you wish....there's a comment button at the end of each post!
I hope to see you again in a few days time. Enjoy.
Cheers!!