Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Symphony of life

I came across an Italian song called “Sinfonia” (Symphony) this morning which really struck me for its message and its simple manner of transmitting a complex message about life. In a few words it reflected  on the quality of our lives and what really matters. In its few words it touches on the doubts we often face and the  seemingly lack of response from Him who matters to our troubles.


It went something like this:

Sinfonia e’ dove parli Tu
Armonia e’ l’universo inter,
Nel Silenzio ami,
Nel Rumore ami,
Sei l’eterno Amor.

Guardo la natura e penso,
Come non crederti!
Passa per la mente un dubbio,
Ma vinci Tu, perche:

Sinfonia e’ dove parli Tu,
Armonia e’ l’universo inter,
Nel Silenzio ami,
Nel Rumore ami,
Tu esisti Signore.

A free translation would be something like this

A symphony – that’s where You speak. 
And Harmony is the entire universe. 
In the Silence (of life) You love,
and in its noisy side, You love too. 
You are the eternal Love. 

I look at nature and think,
how can I not believe in You.
A thought, a doubt, passes my mind,
but You win because
You are the symphony through which you speak,
the harmony of the entire universe. 
In the silence of my life, you speak to me,
as you do in the noisy, hectic life I lead….
You exist, my Lord.

I concluded that no matter how much we struggle in this life, it is only our faith and trust in the One Who Matters that will pull us through.  Because we are really not worthy for His love for us and all we can do is continue to struggle with ourselves and the busy unrelenting life we often find ourselves in - with His love as our only support.  Yes, Lord, you are our only hope.  Because You  really exist. 

The Last Word?

DON'T FORGET....
Make yourself at home here, come back and read some of the older cappuccino posts too, relax, reflect.... and comment if you wish....there's a comment button at the end of each post!
I hope to see you again in a few days time. Enjoy.
Cheers!!