Thursday, April 9, 2020

THE WAY TO OUR RESURRECTION / a series of thoughts for our Holy Week - 1


Jesus is condemned to death





“What is truth?”       “Here is the man!”  
              
              (John 18:38; 19:5) 



Have you ever been wrongly accused of something in your life? It doesn’t have to be something criminal but even a small thing at home or at work.  Injustice has been served on you, the innocent party in this injustice. You feel hurt, abused, angry at your accusers.  You have been condemned  without fault sand there’s no way that you are going to be allowed to get out of it, irrespective of who is right.   

Imagine now that you are Jesus and the same thing is happening to you.  You are accused of blaspheming.  Of attacking God by claiming to be His Son.  Of being in league with Satan and his clique. If you were Him you would probably be saying to yourself  “But can’t the world see that this is not right?   How could I have been seen to be so bad? I only healed their sick.  I only gave the marginalised their dignity back. I only spoke about loving your neighbour. I taught them how to be better people and how to pray to their God.  And have a relationship with Father.  

“I loved them as if they were my children and now they do this to me. Look at me now. On show before this crowd and for all my good works I am condemned to death.  I hear the Roman say this about me: Here is the man!. I feel anger well inside me. I have the power inside me to balance things out and assert myself.  But Father whispers to my heart that this is not to be….I must suffer for them so that they will be given the chance to find the salvation that was promised to them from the beginning of time. .But, now that I think about it, I realise that all  this is unfair.  I have a right to my own freedom too, to my anger. I can roar and rage if I really want to…as I have done many times before (as Amos and others wrote about Me) but Father just looks at me and says nothing. Has He gone away and left me to the whims of  these people?  Or perhaps He wants me to decide whether I want to follow His will or mine.  It is so difficult.   Father has always known the plans He has for me, for us all too, plans to make us prosper and not to harm us.  What is truth?”    

Ezekiel 32: 17-20

"Yet your countrymen say, `The way of the Lord is not just.' But it is their way that is not just. If a righteous man turns from his righteousness and does evil, he will die for it. And if a wicked man turns away from his wickedness and does what is just and right, he will live by doing so. Yet, O house of Israel, you say, `The way of the Lord is not just.' But I will judge each of you according to his own ways."




The Last Word?

DON'T FORGET....
Make yourself at home here, come back and read some of the older cappuccino posts too, relax, reflect.... and comment if you wish....there's a comment button at the end of each post!
I hope to see you again in a few days time. Enjoy.
Cheers!!